Mali M. Baum is one of the People Shaping Female Founders Future and opportunities at the
Startups Ecosystem in Berlin and Germany, recently announced raising a new fund of funds, MAGDAGROUP, in Berlin with focusing on a diverse team to invest into the European technology (plus TLV) , building more success stories/ Unicorns and uplifting the local tech ecosystem
• Getting to know Mali
• Why did Mali start her company?
• What motivated Mali to start her last venture in Telaviv?
• How Mali made the huge decision to move from Telaviv to Berlin and start all over again
• What makes Mali feel like Berlin is five years behind?
• Recession and start-ups
• How Mali changed her perspective from an entrepreneur to an investor
• What is Smart money, and is it available in Berlin?
• What is diversity?
• What would solve the underrepresentation of women in tech and entrepreneurship?
• Did being a woman impact Mali’s journey?
• Mali’s main mistakes
• How does Mali handle work-life balance?
• Mali’s message to her younger self
Key Discussion Points:
[00:08] Getting to know Mali
[01:19] Why did Mali start her company?
[03:09]What motivated Mali to begin her last venture in Tel Aviv?
[08:26]How Mali made the huge decision to move from Tel Aviv to Berlin and start all over again. What did she feel?
[10:41]What makes Mali feel like Berlin is five years behind?
[14:37]Recession and start-ups
[17:49]How Mali changed her perspective from an entrepreneur to an investor
[22:21]What is Smart money and is it available in Berlin?
[26:10]What is diversity?
[31:42]What would solve the under-representation of women in tech and entrepreneurship?
[35:42]Did being a woman impact Mali’s journey?
[37:18]Mali’s main mistakes
[41:09]How does Mali handle work-life balance?
[47:00]Mali’s message to her younger self
“No product come from the market and stay the same.”
“If I made a mistake, I never did it twice.”
“There is a lot of super talented ladies that do not dare to dream big.”
“We have to keep moving; we should not kill those that still have the opportunity to grow.”
“Diversity is key.”
“You build a company with the big aim to exit,”
|Blue Ocean Strategy, Expanded Edition: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant – Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne|