Mike is a Product Manager at GetYourGuide. His unique product development style focuses on maximizing impact within teams through the effective use of data and communication.
With his experience as a lateral thinker with a customer obsession, Mike’s passion at GetYourGuide is directed at building automated systems.
With that customers can turn their holiday trips into amazing experiences.
- The main focus of GetYourGuide is building and automating marketing systems for tours and attractions worldwide. [00:36]
- Mike emphasizes the importance of tailoring the agile methodology to the team’s specific needs and not following it blindly. [01:51]
- Agile methodology helps streamline work, optimize team productivity, and enables quicker direction changes when done properly. [02:23]
- The size of the product team should be small, encouraging creativity and idea contribution from all team members. [02:59]
- The product manager’s main job is to ensure smooth team operations, efficient delivery of products, and meeting acceptance criteria. [03:37]
- Effective product managers need to have a good understanding of various aspects but don’t necessarily need to be experts in every domain. [08:54]
- Maintaining a balance between planning and development is crucial to minimize context switches and optimize productivity. [09:24]
- Communication, trust, motivation, and positive team dynamics are key values for a successful agile team. [17:03]
- Challenging ideas and providing constructive feedback within the team fosters continuous improvement and innovation. [19:15]
- Product managers align team ideas and priorities but encourage input and feedback from team members in the planning process. [27:00]
- Metrics-driven planning, validation of assumptions, and breaking down projects into smaller tasks are essential for successful execution. [28:52]
„Taylor Agile to your team – result: work gets streamlined”
„to motivate your Team:”„let all relate to the mission”„set together ambition goals”
„Product manager is the butter of the team – let it go smoothly”
„Coding is just 20% of the potential of developers”
|Inspired: How To Create Products Customers Love – Marty Cagan|
#Taylor Agile, #let it go smoothly, #OKRs, #Roadmap just gives a direction, #Set ambition goals,#Coding is just 20% of the potential of developers, #Reduce Context switches, #Product manager maximise potential of team, #Paralel Work stream between discovery and plaining, #Use everyones time effective, #Make all relate to the mission to motivate them, #Align all ideas and prioritations explain that, #Not only what you do special how you do that, #Put the goal there as what let them figure out the how